• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Battery shut down

More playing👍
Tried to check the shut down procedure of my truck..
Few photos which highlight some points..
The blue trace is current, the red is battery voltage..
The time base caters for about 7 to 8 min..
I had the current clamp on 20 amps and it was out of range with the engine running..but once switched off was fine for what I wanted to look at👍.. Suspect the glow plugs were active which would account for the high current initially
Takes about 45sec for the current to drop to about 75/80ma after locking the truck..
20240501_131121.jpg

The thin narrow current spikes are the remote fob been used for lock and unlocking..
One of the advantages of the scope is you can save and analyse the traces after you have them stored..
Here is one looking more closely at the min level of the current.. Using a couple of rulers which you can pull down👍
20240501_130809.jpg

Hi mate

Funny enough had a battery residual battery drain on mine , took 20+ minutes before all the modules shut down

Think on urs it’s around 30 x mins where it should drop down to 21 and 30 ma, have a chart which I believe shows the shutdown Vdc is different after 2007 , will dig the chart out of its any use to u

Apologises if I’ve misunderstood

Hi mate

Funny enough had a battery residual battery drain on mine , took 20+ minutes before all the modules shut down

Think on urs it’s around 30 x mins where it should drop down to 21 and 30 ma, have a chart which I believe shows the shutdown Vdc is different after 2007 , will dig the chart out of its any use to u

Apologises if I’ve misunderstood
I've not got an issue with my battery drain.. And the traces just cover about 7 min..
But you can see that the current drops to about 75ma within about 45seconds of the fob been operated..
I didn't know what it's supposed to drop to but I suppose it depends on what you have fitted by way of trackers additional alarms etc..
I'll try it sometime over the time base you mention👍
Cheers

I've not got an issue with my battery drain.. And the traces just cover about 7 min..
But you can see that the current drops to about 75ma within about 45seconds of the fob been operated..
I didn't know what it's supposed to drop to but I suppose it depends on what you have fitted by way of trackers additional alarms etc..
I'll try it sometime over the time base you mention👍
Cheers

Sorry mate as wasn’t 100% sure, that will teach me to stick my nose in 🤣🤣

Managed to find that chart for u just in case it may be useful to u , alas took me ages finding the battery drain as had to make up test leads as wasn’t able to pull out fuses otherwise the modules would have woken up again

Hope the chart at least is useful to u 👍, if the charts writing is too small please let me know as can enlarge it for u

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 7
Sorry mate as wasn’t 100% sure, that will teach me to stick my nose in 🤣🤣

Managed to find that chart for u just in case it may be useful to u , alas took me ages finding the battery drain as had to make up test leads as wasn’t able to pull out fuses otherwise the modules would have woken up again

Hope the chart at least is useful to u 👍, if the charts writing is too small please let me know as can enlarge it for u
No it's fine ta.. By that chart my drain should drop to 30ma..or so in under 30 min..
So I'll have a look at it on a longer time base and see if it does..
I know my current clamp can drift a little,
And to that end I've got a few higher powered resistors on order to rig up as a little in line resistor with a couple of connections for the scope to detect the drop across it..

While I'm at it would you happen to know the best way to disable starting of the 2.2tdci engine whilst cranking? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom