• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Drooping 110

I fitted new springs and shocks about 18months ago to my Puma 110, I noticed that the whole vehicle is lower on the drivers side (LHD mode). are springs handed in anyway? chassis seems good, no visible damage that I can see that would cause this.
its a good 40mm lower on the drivers side !
any ideas what could cause this ?

Up until Ford took over Land Rover springs were indeed handed. I think Ford took one look at that idea and decided they could reduce production cost by scrapping that idea.
I had a spring (front passenger side) go "soft" on my 110 for no immediately obvious reason.
If you can still see them, there should be some paint marks on the springs which should identify them as to their original purpose or location

Ill contact Gwen Lewis as he supplied the springs and shocks, all standard height, front a little stiffer to take up the extra weight of the winch and bumper on the front , I did put them side by side before I fitted them and don't recall any huge difference !

Engine is usually offset to the left to allow for the front propshaft so does carry a bit more weight, and then has more load due to road camber causing more lean to the left. The v8 is a bit lighter than the engines with cast iron blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpeg
    IMG_1004.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 12
so the springs were labelled A and B and I have no recolection if I fitted these correctly so will take them off this weekend and check the heights, along with sorting a squealing water pump .... and still trying to work out my f'in steering wobble ...... grrr. came back from a weekend camping trip with my arms still shaking after fighting the wobble for 5hrs !

Back
Top Bottom