• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Grrr....

Heard a hissing sound from the engine (3.5V8 Hotwire Efi) today and on further investigation found that the small hose from the rocker cover to the plenum with a T-piece into the flame trap hose, was loose and half off . Pushed it back on to find a 2" split along it's length. Didn't' really interfere with engine running, sped up a bit when pushed fully home. Did a quick check and found one on eBay and ordered it.
Unknown.jpeg
For the interim I decided to secure the existing hose with a jubilee clip. As I did this I saw the other end that goes to the T-piece was off, the plastic T piece had snapped! Brittle as a biscuit after approx 32 years of hot oily air. Back to eBay for an Efi flame trap hose T-piece with restrictor.
Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 20.55.30.png
Both should arrive by the weekend.

As I had the vacuum system off I decided to check and clean the flame trap and associated hoses.
The flame trap and wire meshing was full of oily gunk so soaked that in petrol for a day, pressure hosed it through, then washed it in brake cleaner then heavy duty detergent plus another blast with the pressure washer. Still looks dirty but air flow is much better and no oily residue left.
Did the same with the hoses, and managed to run a thin strip of cloth through them to clear out any residual gunk. The hoses are very thick and stiff but not perished so will do.
Just waiting for the new T-piece and small hose from the flame trap T to the plenum (the parts diagram calls it 'ERR4764 hose -solenoid valve to plenum)
3.9V8 Emissions control copy.png

Back
Top Bottom