• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Oh no, not another one! What could go wrong?...

It looks a tidy example

Your arrowed pic would be the nose of the rear diff I'm thinking.

Will keep a look out for you out and about. If someone in a T4 camper waves at you that means I'm out travelling in comfort.

Well, more comfort than usual. šŸ¤£

No doubt Charlie Angus will have any filters etc you may need. Getting more interesting to get parts in Thurso since the guy at auto parts died. They're rarely open now.
Thanks for that Sandy, I didn't know he left us which makes things understandable now. I was over there on Saturday and I think Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday they're closed, 10-4 other days Sat 10-12.

I called in on the way up for the first time at both Hamish's 4x4 centre in Inverness and also Tom & Morag's at Broombank LR in Edderton, the latter being quite an eye opener, he's definitely got the Landy bug, I've never seen so many! šŸ˜‚

Tom kindly ID'd the bits for me, 200TDi Disco conversion with a short R380 gearbox and high ratio xfr box (1.6, not sure about the duff but reaching 60mph is an assault on the lugs šŸ˜‚). Turbo wise it's definitely been clocked which is (apparently) a Glenn Coyne thing and the exhaust manifold is definitely a Steve Parker bit of kit.

We've removed all trace of the RAF given it's military service record had no record of any RAF whatsoever. It's started life with the sappers which pleased the Mrs as both our fathers served in the RE. It then went to the Royal Logistic Corps mostly at Bovington and a spell with a Geordie field hospital.

It's had a quiet life, low mileage too, 120k km which I think is roughly 80k miles. We're hunting for some RE decals and we'll refresh the union flags.

1000026619.jpg

Tom & Morag's at Broombank LR in Edderton
Is that the ones who took over Davidson and Macmillan? I've not been that way for a while, must call in.

Hamish's... Is that the guy near H.I.S? Always seems quite busy.

There used to be a guy in a farm yard just south of the Nigg roundabout. Never heard good things about him..... Think he's gone now.

So, I won't look out for roundels then. šŸ¤£ Is it 24v? With the aerials and all?

Is that the ones who took over Davidson and Macmillan? I've not been that way for a while, must call in.

Hamish's... Is that the guy near H.I.S? Always seems quite busy.

There used to be a guy in a farm yard just south of the Nigg roundabout. Never heard good things about him..... Think he's gone now.

So, I won't look out for roundels then. šŸ¤£ Is it 24v? With the aerials and all?
Hamish's Inverness 4x4 Centre is here https://maps.app.goo.gl/NetVRX1RCJq84knZ8

Yes Tom and Morag bought lock stock and barrel and set up a barn for all the kit. They've two trading names, Broombank LR and also D and M LR Spares. Tom is a walking service, parts and operating manual!

Loads of Landy's everywhere too. https://maps.app.goo.gl/R4mnWM3ADDjfBRmX6

Sadly no 24v generator as it would have been great to hook up an inverter for mobile power. It's still got the manual hand throttle for it.

Attachments

• PXL_20240429_102153880.jpg
    PXL_20240429_102153880.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240429_102136676.jpg
    PXL_20240429_102136676.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20240429_102124879.jpg
    PXL_20240429_102124879.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20240429_102114369.jpg
    PXL_20240429_102114369.jpg