• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Series today?

What did i do on my series today ... nothing .. it is raining .. again .. but i did find out where the clips i have been waiting for so i could carry on with my seats are .. well sort of .. they were delivered by parcel force .. only i was not in .. so they left an invisible card to tell me .. where it now is .. a post office some where ..growl ..may be drivers for parcel force are hired on their driving ability .. because the thinking ability is surely missing .. how the hell am i supposed to know what post office it now sits at .. with out the card to tell me where ..... on the plus side .. toolstation texted me ..my orbital sander is there to pick up .. now if only the rain would stop ..
Oh dear Madmechanic954, you have my sympathy on that, However, read this it may cheer you up a bit...https://news.sky.com/story/dpd-customer-service-chatbot-swears-and-calls-company-worst-delivery-service-13052037

This is a Landy and a Jag...

Attachments

• 20240303_131621[1].jpg
    20240303_131621[1].jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 47
Made a start on stripping a spare gearbox I bought from ebay. Had to make a tool to hold the drive flange so I could get the retaining nut undone. Sheesh it was tight, with the tool, a socket, an eighteen inch bar with my fat old self leaning a significant proportion of my weight on it, I was just about to call it a fail and split the nut when it finally gave up the struggle.
Now I can devote my attentions to stripping the rest of the 'box

Brought the 109 Diesel back from NW Kent to Essex and it was pressed immediately into service.

Oil leak form rear diff (Salisbury) but from the info. I have think I may have fitted a late seal to early flange so the have an early leather seal to fit. Will soak seal overnight.

No horn but that was an earth issue; while I was at it fitted a good earth from battery to front panel in the hope of improving headlamps; no change. An thinking of fitting LED front side lights and maybe wiring in as running lights. Come the winter if I continue with it may consider LED headlamps.

Smoking a bit (black I think) so have added a dose of Wynn's cleaner; will consider an injector service.

Not driven a diesel version for a long time and with an Ashcroft high ratio transfer it will take a little getting used to.

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_130255_118.jpg
    IMG_20240514_130255_118.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240514_133503_615 (1).jpg
    IMG_20240514_133503_615 (1).jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240514_113619_398.jpg
    IMG_20240514_113619_398.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 20
  • diff oil seal.pdf
    912.5 KB · Views: 7
Removed the remote ignition as switching off while driving and switching on when parked, now fitted a micro switch and relay led on other side of switch to show its off, earthed out the positive ignition feed accidently and no fuse on that circuit, its got one now.

Replaced the fuel filler gauze in the Petrol tank . Mine was looking a bit tired

View attachment 532703

New one soldered on

View attachment 532704

Total length from underside of fitting to the bottom of the gauze was 322.5mm.

I had to take it off and redo it as 324mm bottomed out on the tank.
Forgive my ignorance Fulltimedad but I didn't know this part existed ! It's not in the big book of parts.

I think its all part of the fuel pick up pipe. But they do corrode and fall off and I've seen push on plastic replacements. You can buy the brass gauze and make up your own to fit, that's what I do with the bike petrol taps. A solder iron works best for the seams on the gauze and the pencil torque for attaching it to the tube / tap.

I think its all part of the fuel pick up pipe. But they do corrode and fall off and I've seen push on plastic replacements. You can buy the brass gauze and make up your own to fit, that's what I do with the bike petrol taps. A solder iron works best for the seams on the gauze and the pencil torque for attaching it to the tube / tap.

Back
Top Bottom