• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

04 L322 Electrical non start issues

rikb88

First Gear
Hi guys
recently purchased a very very cheap 2004 l322 3.0 diesel, slapped a battery in and it fired up perfectly (Checked it moved back and forth on the drive) since then i have been on a cleaning / fixing rampage. i decided the other day it was time to fix the central locking remote so i got the key synced and could then lock and unlock (here is were the issues started). as soon as i did that the car would no longer start, i purchased a copy of land rover SDD (never got it working) after some advice from a friend i picked up a cheap BMW code reader and it read 100 million errors on the car

cleared everything i could but still no start, checked the code reader and it says the starter is not enabled because the gearbox isnt in park or neutral
normal_Screenshot 2024-03-03 145601 (1) (1).png

then i noticed that the gear selection was no longer showing on the dash
1710181629287.png

normal_1710181629287.png

and its also showing as always being in sport mode (guess that is the manual selection), ran a quick test on the instrument cluster just to check it wasn't the lights being odd and they all came on
1710181667298.png

normal_1710181667298.png

the gearbox is showing no errors so im not quite sure were to go from here, someone did tell me to check the XYZ switch on the side of the gearbox but i dont think this model has one (couldn't see any switch on the gearbox near the linkage)
any ideas?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom