• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

08 TDV8 changed battery, key won't turn

roythebus

Accelerating Away
I've recently had a bit of a problem starting my TDV8 Vogue, usually a very reliable car. It does about 300 miles a week, mostly motorway work "at speed". The started has seemed a bit lazy in the last fe weeks, last new battery was fitted about 4-5 years ago, 95amp heavy-dutyYUASA. I drop tested it, test said "ok" but dropped to 10v on starting. Charging at 14 v. After a run of 85 miles to work, starter was still sounding lazy. Last night on the way home, after about 2 miles it went into limp mode, I was reluctant to stop it and hope a restart would clear the fault in case it wouldn't start again. double checked the drop test this morning and it wasn't good, though the engine started. I ordered and fitted a new battery. Starter still sounds lazy. I stopped the engine, took the key out, then put the key back in but it won't turn! I disconnected the batteyr, reconnected it and the key works and car starts, but again key won't turn unless I disconnect the battery.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'd been through some local floodwater earlier in the day but t low speed, not like the Rufford Ford lot trying to drown the world! Any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom