• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

110 hi-cap is a Class 7 MOT?

two1/4jim

In Fourth Gear
Had a search though the threads and not found anything else on this... my normal MOT bloke says he can't do my 110 hi-cap and the laden weight is 50kgs over the 3000 limit. So its a class 7. This particular landy's doing my head in... if its not the lpg, its the MOT:confused:

Yup, thats right now fella. Hi-caps are class 7, I think the recent cahnges in the MOT law means testing stations have to have another sort of certificate or summut. Dave H or Templ4r will probably be along to put me right in a bit:D
Was thinking about this a month or two ago, can't you just change the laden weight on the V5?:confused:

Cheers, Ben

Just looked at my V5 (for a 90) and my revenue weight is 3499Kg, and there is a space to change it under section 7, no 22. Can't see why you cant change it to 3499Kg to bring it to a class whatever (4, is it?).

Cheers, Ben

Feel like I'm banding my head against a brick wall with this truck at the moment! NOTHING is simple... Supposed to renovating a barn at the moment and spending most of my time on the darn truck. grrrrr..... (I'm having one of those days!!!!)

We all have those days fella! Knocking 50Kgs off (51 if you wanna be picky!) won't make much difference on what you can carry. Well, you can still carry the same weight but Mr plod will have you if you carry over what the V5 says. 50kgs is hardly anything anyway, 2 bags of cement!

Cheers, Ben

Just looked at my V5 (for a 90) and my revenue weight is 3499Kg, and there is a space to change it under section 7, no 22. Can't see why you cant change it to 3499Kg to bring it to a class whatever (4, is it?).

Cheers, Ben
On My V5 She's down as a revenue weight of 3499kg and on the previous MOT its down as a class 4. :confused: I'm confused.

Then its class 4. Take the V5 with you to the testing station and show them, if its under 3500Kg and it says class 4, then its class 4:D

Cheers, Ben

Have you got the old MOT certificate too? It also says the class on there too, so long as it one of the new computer ones. The older type hand written ones dont have the class on. They should do it with just the V5 anyhow, but the more proof the better:D

Cheers, Ben

Yep... its down on the last (computerised) MOT as been a class 4. There shouldn't be any problem then. Some must be classed differently for the garage bloke to spit his dummy out... he reckoned he'd been warned before for MOTing one.

They are originally classed as class 7, 3050Kg as far as I'm aware, unless yours is an early one. Someone might of changed yours before, possibly for teh same reason. As long as it says class 4 then I cant see a problem, if the MOT tester is questioned then its a class 4 on your MOT, V5 and at the DVLA, so everyone else is a liar:D Dave H or Templ4r will correct me if Im wrong Im sure, but if everything says class 4 then I cant see what the problem will be.

Cheers, Ben

Yep... its down on the last (computerised) MOT as been a class 4. There shouldn't be any problem then. Some must be classed differently for the garage bloke to spit his dummy out... he reckoned he'd been warned before for MOTing one.

check out the sticky thread "interesting MOT resource" it links you to an mot testers forum you should get your questions answered there.

If it not a passenger carrying vehicle, then it is Commercial. We can only Test Light Commercials up to 3000kg GVW ( or Gross Design Weight as it is now) on a Class 4. 3000kg to 3500kg is Class 7.

Look at the Vin Plate, if the highest number is over 3000kg, it is Class 7. No arguement.

It makes no difference if the vehicle has been WRONGLY Tested as a Class 4, that Test is Void and the NT will get a slap for doing it as such.

If the Man Testing the vehicle has refused to Test because of the weight plate, he is correct and should refuse to test even if you have previous Class 4 Certificates, they are all Void. If you had an accident, you would not have a Valid MOT.

Chris

Cheers, Ben

Sorry Ben - yours [plated at 3499kgs] is a CLASS 7 so your current mot is invalid :eek:

Commercials plated at over 3000kgs, but less than 3500kgs are all class 7

Edit... Doh. Temps already said this :rolleyes:

If it not a passenger carrying vehicle, then it is Commercial. We can only Test Light Commercials up to 3000kg GVW ( or Gross Design Weight as it is now) on a Class 4. 3000kg to 3500kg is Class 7.

Look at the Vin Plate, if the highest number is over 3000kg, it is Class 7. No arguement.

It makes no difference if the vehicle has been WRONGLY Tested as a Class 4, that Test is Void and the NT will get a slap for doing it as such.

If the Man Testing the vehicle has refused to Test because of the weight plate, he is correct and should refuse to test even if you have previous Class 4 Certificates, they are all Void. If you had an accident, you would not have a Valid MOT.

Chris
Thanks for clearing that up:) The VIN plate is 3050kgs so class 7 it is. Not too happy that I've bought a vehicle with an invalid MOT:eek: Should of known my original tester would of been right, he's pretty reliable. Gonna have to find a class 7 tester then.

The only real difference is the tyre load ratings are checked. Other than that and a few pounds more, it is really the same Test. Don't worry about it.

I can do Class 4 and 7, but our VTS is Class 4 only.

Chris

Hi,i have got a 110 csw 12 seater which has been of the road for the last 18 months ( blown motor ) I am just starting to rebuild the engine, & after reading this thread am now wondering what class mot i will have to go for class 4 or 7 ? it has always been class 4 before but on checking the v5 the weight is listed as 3499 kg gross.
cheers, mark.

Hi,i have got a 110 csw 12 seater which has been of the road for the last 18 months ( blown motor ) I am just starting to rebuild the engine, & after reading this thread am now wondering what class mot i will have to go for class 4 or 7 ? it has always been class 4 before but on checking the v5 the weight is listed as 3499 kg gross.
cheers, mark.

Yours is a class 4.

Its not a goods vehicle, its a passenger vehicle with up to 12 seats.

Learn summut everyday:D So I doesnt matter what the V5 ect says, its whats on the plate then?
And my truck is down as PLG, not commercial. Does that make any difference?

Cheers, Ben

Back
Top Bottom