• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

110 TD5 a little too aggressive

Cobpiper

Accelerating Away
So, I am having some success with my new to me 1999 110 TD5 - but its now pulling away TOO aggressively. I know many are after more boost, but what can I do to make him a little less keen when going through the gears when accelerating? I have 'reset' the Wastegate to 14 threads and this seems to have addressed the 'bunny Hops' at low revs....but now I need to calm him down a little?

Thanks!

Has it had a remap at some point..?
It sounds like it may have if the boost was increased by the PO.

Well the PO said it had a remap...but ya never know eh? He seemed like a decent bloke - I had my Disco remapped to Stage 1, and it was much better, but not as aggressive as this 110.

This isn't completely relevant to your post, however firstly my stage 1ish remap has been a great improvement, no bunny hops etc, so it's really worth getting done properly IMHO.

The real reason for my post (also having a 1999 TD5) is that you should check whether the recall on the DMF has been done. Mine hadn't and I've just had a complete new clutch, DMF, forks etc done by the local JLR dealership absolutely FOC (well apart from a few odds and ends which needed doing anyway)

It's at the bottom of your MOT info on line and it shows if there are any outstanding recalls.

No one was more surprised than me!!!

This isn't completely relevant to your post, however firstly my stage 1ish remap has been a great improvement, no bunny hops etc, so it's really worth getting done properly IMHO.

The real reason for my post (also having a 1999 TD5) is that you should check whether the recall on the DMF has been done. Mine hadn't and I've just had a complete new clutch, DMF, forks etc done by the local JLR dealership absolutely FOC (well apart from a few odds and ends which needed doing anyway)

It's at the bottom of your MOT info on line and it shows if there are any outstanding recalls.

No one was more surprised than me!!!

I am all over that!!! Will check it out tomorrow! Cheers....

Back
Top Bottom