• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

110 Wolf, maybe?

40amp Dave

In Third Gear
Hello all,

I'm hoping to be in a position this year to look at getting modern Landy as my daily drive. I've owned series Landys for 29 years now and driven 2.5 N/A and winter wader Wolfs in the military.

My question is to the Wolf owners, what mpg can I expect for a standard 110, how do the winter wader roof bars mount to the roof and how strong are they, and lastly any problem areas to look out for?

Many thanks, Dave

Welcome to the madhouse. Always liked the Wolf.
I cant answer specifically about the Wolf, but a 110 with a tdi engine will struggle to see 25mph, especially with a bit of added weight and a roof bar spoiling the perfectly streamlined sillouette of the Defender... :rofl:
You might be able to get a bit more with a taller transfer box and careful driving, but not much.

AESP 2320-D-128-101 Purpose & Planning gives fuel consumption for steady driving on the road at 90km/hr as 9.5 litres per 100km. Translated that brings it to 24.76 mpg.

I would avoid a wader as it is likely to have been paddling in salt water which is not good news for the chassis not to mention electrical equipment & wiring. Waders have boxed & sealed instrument panels & switches, so access is far more difficult than a normal vehicle. They are also rarer which drives the price up.

If the idea of a heater appeals, fit your own. I have fitted a Webasto that gives two hot air outlets in the rear or I can shut those off & open the shutter to blow warm air over my feet. That way all the heat goes to me, not distributed around the whole vehicle which will take much longer to warm up & besides the original fit radiators take up valuable space.

Also you have that strange air intake thing that will stop you getting in some car parks not to mention those ski(?) roof rack things. Can't say off hand how they are attached without looking it up. I think the side windows are wind down as in escaping underwater & the cab roof has an escape hatch. Owners are upset if you refer to it as a Sun roof!

Back
Top Bottom