• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

1989 land rover 90 paint

spanielguy

In Second Gear
Hi this is my first time of posting on here ,can anyone help me ? i have recently done some work on my 1989 land rover county and i am having trouble in finding a match for the red paint colour does anyone know the code or the colour .

most decent paint mixing places will have a swatch that can match your existing colour perfectly, which will allow for any fading. Or if your totally respraying and want it original then they should have all landrover colours and dates used, bearing in mind most landrovers do not have a paint code stamped on their vin plates.

Halfords also should have this facility, they can mix paint (HOLTS brand) whilst you wait, and again they should have three large ring binders with all the swatches and codes for all car manufacturers. (Yes i used to work there and carried out paint mixing training in my region). However they may be more expensive.

PS, im not talking about the aerosol paint Halfords have on the shelf, they are over priced and crap. Go to their "PARTS" desk and ask there

failing that post a pic and im sure someone can name it on here

110 paint 1988 on.jpg

above from a 90/110 CSW Brochure I have, from late '87 for 1988 on model years.

I doubt if you'll get an exact match.
As Naylz hints, your paint will have faded - so what do you match to ? If you match to the original, then it'll match if you cut yours back to fresh colour. If you match to your faded paint, then the new paint will eventually fade and be even lighter - and it won't match if you later cut the original paint back to fresh colour (as some 'polishes' will do).
Even ignoring that, I believe Red is one of the worst colours - both for fading and to match - after black.

Back
Top Bottom