• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

200 Tdi Lift pump fitting size confirmation

GM13

In Second Gear
Could someone confirm that the tube nut fittings for a 200tdi lift pump are 1/2" X 20unf?
Thanks in advance.

Hi GM,
One of the first jobs i ever did on a landrover was replace the fuel pump. It was a 200tdi defender and I am pretty sure i used a 17mm spanner on the bit where the pipe goes into the lift pump (to prevent any damage) and a 13mm spanner on the nut which connects the pipe to the lift pump. As a total novice this was a relatively simple job and I remember being truely delighted and satisfied once my shiney new lift pump was in place. However it transpired that I had needed to replace the ignition switch (that was my second ever job on a landrover). Even though the original pump was knackerd it made no difference having a new one!!
Good luck with whatever it is you are doing.
Shades

Hi GM,
One of the first jobs i ever did on a landrover was replace the fuel pump. It was a 200tdi defender and I am pretty sure i used a 17mm spanner on the bit where the pipe goes into the lift pump (to prevent any damage) and a 13mm spanner on the nut which connects the pipe to the lift pump. As a total novice this was a relatively simple job and I remember being truely delighted and satisfied once my shiney new lift pump was in place. However it transpired that I had needed to replace the ignition switch (that was my second ever job on a landrover). Even though the original pump was knackerd it made no difference having a new one!!
Good luck with whatever it is you are doing.
Shades

Thanks for the info, Yes the wrench err... spanner is a 1/2"/13mm. I was without my pitch gauge, thought someone might know the diameter and pitch off hand before I ordered the fittings linked below. Was able to check today they are indeed 1/2" x 20 unf for anyone wondering.

We in the colonies don't have easy access to olives, tube nuts and nylon fuel line, It's out there, just not something readily available(at least where I am). I went to no less than 10 places to come up with the plumbers bodge you see below. The male flare on the left is 1/2"x 20 unf it's just the tapered/flared bit at the end is a slightly different angle than the original olive(though the one in the pic is slightly distorted). That's the only reason I can figure as to why some of them leak, but OTOH, some don't.
I replaced the fuel lines from the sedimentor to the new lift pump then on to the filter. The output side on the LP has one of the bodges, leak free. The input side leaked regardless of amount of tightening. I replaced with the old olive and tube nut with 5/16 line jubileed over it, leak free now.
This is what I needed:http://www.ssldieselparts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=378{45}168 Would have made things much easier.

L1000287.jpg

I did post a reply on Sunday, it included a pic, had to go through moderation before showing up, due to my noob status I suppose..

Back
Top Bottom