• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

200tdi timing belt change

Is changing the timing belt on a 200tdi something that I could do myself - bearing in mind Im a leaner when it comes to mechanics?

My experience so far is limited to changing the pistons in the brakes, changing alternator and changing a HP PAS hose.

Or is it best to let a garage do it.

Ta for any help,
Mark

Originally posted by Mark Charnley
Is changing the timing belt on a 200tdi something that I could do myself - bearing in mind Im a leaner when it comes to mechanics?

My experience so far is limited to changing the pistons in the brakes, changing alternator and changing a HP PAS hose.

Or is it best to let a garage do it.

Ta for any help,
Mark

Leaner? More like a Porker.:D
Or do you mean that you lean on the work and watch someone else do it?:rolleyes:

Hi Mark
I've done a 300 and a 200. I reckon the 200 was the easiest anyway. I got all the info I needed from the Haynes manual. (Showed you how to lash up a tool to assist in undoing the Crankshaft pulley nut. Very tight.) The only special tool you require is a gauge type torque wrench. (cheap) Oh and a slim 32mm open ended spanner to remove the fan and viscous coupling assembly.
I think the hardest part was trying to work out the correct sequence of actions in the Haynes manual so I just wrote the page numbers down and went for it!
Best of luck m8

Tony

Back
Top Bottom