• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

75th Anniversary 90

Macamx

In Third Gear
I have now clocked up just over 3k miles in my Defender and am absolutely delighted with it. It took a little getting used to probably due to it being a complete indulgence on my part and I was over sensitive about the huge capital investment that I was tootling about in. Worth a mention that I thought that I had a fault on two occasions when in fact there was indeed no fault only a misunderstanding of the vehicles technology which was not covered in the on line owners manual. Apparently this is an issue frequently encountered by Land Rover Assist. I am looking forward to a long and happy relationship with this car which far outstrips any vehicle that I have owned previously, My only worry now is the current insurance situation which hopefully will be resolved in the not too distant future.

I was speaking with a local owner, he uses his to tow a feed trailer, and also a livestock trailer. The V8 version...he was very happy with it. Reckons he gets about 18mpg when towing, 25 ish otherwise. Which, for a big heavy vehicle with a V8 isn't too shabby.

Bet I could make it do less. šŸ˜

How about you put up a photo @Macamx šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom