• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

90 Tub Layout

McBeardy

Staff member
I'm considering some options securing a lockable storage box in the tub of my 90. I was going to just bolt it in the middle as shown in the photo. But then I got to thinking...

Is it in the right place? Am I going to wish I'd secured it somewhere else?

If I moved it further forward, there are already holes in the tub for me to use. If I go where it is, I have to drill one new hole. If I move further back, two new holes are required. I'm planning on using plywood to line parts of the tub, so I guess the holes are not a big issue.
PXL_20240204_161543754.jpg

I'm considering some options securing a lockable storage box in the tub of my 90. I was going to just bolt it in the middle as shown in the photo. But then I got to thinking...

Is it in the right place? Am I going to wish I'd secured it somewhere else?

If I moved it further forward, there are already holes in the tub for me to use. If I go where it is, I have to drill one new hole. If I move further back, two new holes are required. I'm planning on using plywood to line parts of the tub, so I guess the holes are not a big issue.
View attachment 525490
Where you have this blue box is where I put mine in my 90 pickup bolted through side box .i had an old metal Ammo box .i find if you put it on the front floor it may get in the way if you want to carry anything..think that’s the right place .

Anything you put in is going to be in the way, sometime in the future...
Could you use anti-luce fastenings to hold it down? At least you could remove it easily, if need arises.

I also need to get my head around where/how to store the large Disklok. It clatters around too much when left between the seats. 🤔

On the subject of storage areas, does anyone have thoughts on secureage points? I'm undecided about going for something like UNWIN Safety Tracking Surface Rail or simple D-Rings. Mounted on the floor or the sides of the arches? The rails are expensive, but stuff could slide over or past them easily. They could possibly get clogged up with dirt.

I'm not planning on lengthy expeditions or carrying of stuff, but from what I've seen the gear needed for green laning can mount up.

Any tips from you experienced lot would be appreciated.

Thats expensive! Ive seen cheaper, but then I also bought several lengths of something similar from a friend who was stripping out a minibus.
Its like the rails pictured here (https://www.braunability.eu/en/products/tie-downs-and-seatbelts/wtors/) and the profile allows for the fixing of the floor panels to it.

If you like the sound of that I could be persuaded to post you a couple of lengths. I'll get some pics when it stops raining if you are interested...

So heres some pics. Maybe not what you expected, but they were floor supports so quite sturdy.
My plan was to cut them down and modify to suit.

Some were (are) going in the rear to secure loads, and I was toying with using some on the outside, originally to fabricate a roof rack and now perhaps to have some jerry can carriers... Undecided.
They have got a bit grubby sitting on the garage roof but should clean up nicely.

Top side
IMG_6590.JPG

Underside (ignore the rubbery stuff on the end which peels off)
IMG_6589.JPG

Dimensions
IMG_6588.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

I can chop it into lengths up to about 1.4 metres (whatever the post office limit is).
Its ally so shouldnt break the bank to post.
If you want me to chop off a short length and post it so you can see for yourself I can do that...

It doesnt owe me a lot since I paid him the scrap value plus I had to pay someone else to shift it.

Thank you for the photos, @mikeau. I'll admit they're a lot more substantial than what I'd imagined. I'm only after something to stop things sliding around, So, on this occasion, I'll pass. Thanks again for the offer. 👍

No worries. They were going to need to be sturdy when my intention was to use them on the roof.
I was going to cut them down leaving just the centre section of L-track for use inside. I still might...

Back
Top Bottom