• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

A bars

Daz

Overdrive!
hi everybody

i am thinking of gettting an A bar on my series 3 and would like to know how it would look. has any one got any pictures of there series 2 / 3 with an A bar

dont be shy show me yours :D

I think it would look Cr@p, but thats only my opinion.
I seen so many defender things with them on, there a sort of more socially acceptable bull bar for the urban hairdressers 4x4

I think it would look Cr@p, but thats only my opinion.
I seen so many defender things with them on, there a sort of more socially acceptable bull bar for the urban hairdressers 4x4

take no notice daz. ive just fitted and A bar to my defender and i included some big rally giant spots, it looks good i can see more at night, and i dont think you can go wrong i also offroad so its handy to have on.
i also own a s3, i thought about fitting her with an A bar, but at the time id spent enough on her and decided against it. also my old girl has a modified grill so i didnt fancy covering that up. but i think it would look good, and like i say you can add other things to the bar eg lights. heres a pick of my s3 with the nice grill. good luck.
cheers, bob

Attachments

• 512042000145[1].jpg
    512042000145[1].jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 87
Just remember, you can't buy a brand new metal one, as they don't meet the new legislation, and thus are illegal to make or sell in europe.

So you would be looking at one fo the new soft type that pthomp52 is talking about...

gotta say i wanted one for mine and i eventually got one, but after getting a mate to hold it in place and taking a look i decided it just didnt look right, but each to there own i suppose, i may still fit mine nyway just for functionality, i.er. a place out the way to bolt spots

we'll need a bigger photo than that one bob! :D

here you go, not the tidiest motor, but it does it for me.
what do you reckon shes worth as she stands? as am thinking of selling her but not to sure what price. shes still needs abit of work doing e.g welding.
cheers. bob.

Attachments

• Picture 189.jpg
    Picture 189.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 215.jpg
    Picture 215.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 213.jpg
    Picture 213.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 216.jpg
    Picture 216.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 219.jpg
    Picture 219.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 220.jpg
    Picture 220.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 221.jpg
    Picture 221.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 42
what do you reckon shes worth as she stands? as am thinking of selling her but not to sure what price. shes still needs abit of work doing e.g welding.
cheers. bob.

Is she taxed and tested??

Not sure about the chassis repair for the spring hangers. The metal around it looks a tad weak. I think I would have chopped the whole section out, rewelded with good plate to give a nice strong main chassis rail, and then welded the new spring hangars on afterwards to ensure they are welded onto good strong metal.

Hard to tell about value, what are her mechanicals like??

she starts first time all the time, shes just had steering box replaced, new outrigger to the front nearside. the reason for the hangers is, i ran out of brass so i decided to fit them, but if money want a p[roblem then i would have fitted new xmember. but apart from that she aint got much wrong with her. any more q about her let me know.

Is she taxed and tested??

Not sure about the chassis repair for the spring hangers. The metal around it looks a tad weak. I think I would have chopped the whole section out, rewelded with good plate to give a nice strong main chassis rail, and then welded the new spring hangars on afterwards to ensure they are welded onto good strong metal.

Hard to tell about value, what are her mechanicals like??

yes shes taxed till sept and tested till oct. cheers. bob.

cheers. bob.

where did you get that grill (i like V much) was it bought or was it made is so where/how much dod you get it for and where from

cheers mark

yes shes taxed till sept and tested till oct. cheers. bob.

Ypu could try your luck for about £1500, and see where you go from there. Some punters will be put off by the holes in the chassis, but then some may think its no bother as they can fix it themselves. Im no expert on landy prices, but start higher I guess as you can always lower the price, price it too low and you cant really put the price up so easily.

Back
Top Bottom