• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

A good Parkinsons Charity?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2171
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2171

I'll be participating in an event later in the year that requires you to be entering for a charity.

The type of charity I want to enter for is one that's for working on a way of stopping Parkinsons disease progressing if not curing it.

What do people suggest in regards to a Parkinsons Disease Charity?

Rich, not sure of any specific charity, but I work with Parkinsons suffers, so I applaud your choice of charity, I'd suggest googling the disease and choosing a British branch.

It is sad to see the effect of the disease on people, taking away their independence.

cheers, Ali;)

Thanks for the reply and support Ali. :)
It is sad to see the effect of the disease on people, taking away their independence.
I know this only too well myself, a relative (who I'm a descendant of) suffers from it considerably. It isn't pleasant for the person who suffers it at all, especially if they're suffering from many other conditions as well that almost completely incapacitates them.

Thanks for the reply and support Ali. :)

I know this only too well myself, a relative (who I'm a descendant of) suffers from it considerably. It isn't pleasant for the person who suffers it at all, especially if they're suffering from many other conditions as well that almost completely incapacitates them.

I work with people who also suffer from other problems, the worse thing for one chap is the loss of balance on ocassion, his legs refuse to work which means being confined to a wheelchair, also the uncontrollable dribbling distresses him, he was always so in control of his life etc, he's a wonderful man on good days, but a right royal pain when having a bad day, sadly bad days are becoming the norm:(

cheers, Ali;)

Fired off an email to the Society. :) Now I just have to wait for the response...

Back
Top Bottom