• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

A rude awakening!

boniface

Accelerating Away
TOKYO — An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.7 jolted Tokyo and its vicinity in eastern Japan early Tuesday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage from the 3:18 a.m. quake.
---------------
It was a good one and woke me up last night and disturbed my beauty rest (not that I need any mind you).
Seriously though a good shaker, I'd say 15 to 20 seconds and almost got to the point in intensity where I thought staying in bed and riding it out wasn't such a good idea after all.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/16032300391.html

Wow, scary stuff that, one thing I always hope not to feel an earthquake like that. Glad your okay.

experienced a 3.2 in northern Canada in 1990 it was like some Pratt was shaking the bed.
I walked into breakfast the next morning and before I opened my mouth one of the teachers said "yes it was. 3.2!"
I have to say it was a very eerie experience!!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom