• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Accessory switches

Dandared

In Fourth Gear
I'm lucky enough to have the later TD5 centre console, but having a DCPU, most of the switch locations are redundant (Rear heated screen, rear wash/wipe etc). I'm looking to put on some electrical accessories in the near future such as an electric fan, worklamps & driving lights etc which I want to wire in with switches in the dash (with relays where necessary), but I'm struggling to find appropriate switches that will fit into the standard holes. Has anyone else done this and if so what switches have you ended up using? Do any of the other Land Rovers (Discovery's Range Rovers, Freelanders etc) use the same switches that could fit such as a front fog light switch that I could use for my driving lights? I'd rather not use the same switch as the rear fog, as I'm bound to get them mixed up!

I had a quick look, the front fog light push button is part YUG000540LNF.

I don't know about any of the other switches though, as I'm a little outdated.. Sorry! ;)

They wouldn't integrate quite as nicely into his nice shiny Defender dash though would it Alec? :)

Offtopic, have you ordered from them before? I'm doing alot of wiring next week, just ordered over £100 of stuff from them.

Thanks Alec, but I'm looking for switches that will fit the standard holes in the dash. I've looked at a variety of swith suppliers, but I don't think there's an aftermarket switch designed to fit these holes...Unless anyone else knows better?

I have front fog / driving lamps and rear lights wired up to the centre consol, I drilled the holes to fit them in the area under the radio aperture. All the switches including the rubber covers and the centre led warning light were sourced from Maplin's.
The black box underneath the consol that I have fitted with a voltmeter was also sourced from Maplin's inducing the two switches that control a siren and fan.
These were very easy to fit although to get the consol out you have to remove the top crash padding and undo the two bolts from the centre console.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Offtopic, have you ordered from them before? I'm doing alot of wiring next week, just ordered over £100 of stuff from them.

I have ordered all sorts of stuff from them..very helpful, and usually next day delivery, or the day after, depending on when in the day you order. Good quality too.

They wouldn't integrate quite as nicely into his nice shiny Defender dash though would it Alec? :)

have not seen a TD5 dash properly,

ordered a small length of wire off them last year (mate did for me) over the phone for the whinch on the front of the truck, good service bits arrived next day, and was very good on the phone to by all accounts,

Fantastic, cheers guys. i emailed the order form in (filled it right up :eek:) and paid over the phone. Hope they don't get too ****ed off at all my random numbers and amounts of stuff!

Back
Top Bottom