• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Diesel Engines Additives to diesel for dpf

TriciaB

In Second Gear
I hope this is the right place.
I've read that an additive can be added to the tank when filling with diesel that helps to clean the DPF system. Millers is one I've read about. Is it worth trying?
Thanks.

My first question would be are you having problems with the dpf? if not, dont worry its a self cleaning system. As long as the systems working as it should and you go for a steady motorway cruise for 20 miles or so every few weeks you will be fine.

Yeah. Ongoing issue, this is a follow-on from another thread;

Ah right, ok So if its because your driving style does not suit a DPF equipped vehicle then I can recommend putting JLM Regen Plus in every other full tank of fuel. It has worked wonders for many of our customer who mainly do town driving. This is the only product we would recommend as some can cause the DPF to get very hot and at best result in a damaged DPF and at worst a vehicle fire.

Yeah. Ongoing issue, this is a follow-on from another thread;
This is in addition to my earlier thread. I just wondered if it's worth putting an additive to the fuel as we don't do very many miles and usually short distances.

My Kodiaq had its DPF Sensor changed a few weeks ago, after a=giving a fault, the actual system was proclaimed to be okay
it might be worth checking that part of the system

Back
Top Bottom