• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Adjust the tickover

Zayfod

Shifting Up
Hi all i,m here again mind you i was told i would be when i bought the land rover and joined the forumšŸ¤£.She,s ticking over a tad to fast ive posted 2 photos i presume its 1 of the 2 screws with the springs on at the back of the weber 34 ich carb. If so which one and do i turn it clock or anti to slow it down.I dident want to guess myself because she,s running sweet at the moment and dident want to mess things up,Thanks for any help. zayfod

Attachments

• IMG-20240423-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240423-WA0003.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20240423-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240423-WA0004.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 21
It's the one in the first pic on the left - the one on the throttle shaft. Turn it anti-clockwise to slow it down.
Thanks SeriesG I,m a complete novice I,ll take that as the second screw up pointing straight at me By the way the Restoration story is fantastic i wish i had half your skill and confidence to do my little jobs šŸ‘ Zayfod.

1 Only turn screws where you can see how it does what it does or have solid info. The throttle stop screw is a good positive example, it obviously moves the throttle. The other screw is a danger, its not obvious what it does. It may increase idle fuel flow or it may increase bleed air so its not obvious which way to turn it.
2 Scratch a line on every adjuster and keep a note of where you start and how much you adjust. Its easy to get lost and not be able to get back to where you started.
I'm 3 weeks into trying to get a new carb on a mower set up. Its only got 2 screws, but add a governor spring and rod and its a few 1000 possibilities.

Thanks robwlondon i,ll only tweak the throttle stop screw anticlock and listen for the engine speed to change if nothing happens i wont keep turning i,ll leave well alone.

Back
Top Bottom