• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

And You thought you had a bad drive to work.

I seen this clip quite some time ago when it passed around the internet and agree with the comments on how it shows how people get on and make progress quite fine in their own chaotic way without road signs, markings, traffic lights or any sort of highway code.
Try to do this in a western society and things would burst in our heads and blood would trickle from our eyes and ears.

As I'm sure I said when it passed through last time - when the traffic lights fail on the big junctions, there is a short period of chaos until everyone works out they've failed then, it all loosens up and traffic flows pretty much like the video.

Roger.

As I'm sure I said when it passed through last time - when the traffic lights fail on the big junctions, there is a short period of chaos until everyone works out they've failed then, it all loosens up and traffic flows pretty much like the video.

Roger.

Yep Roger I have noticed that, and in Derby they have gone completely mad and put traffic lights on virtually all of the major (and some not so major) roundabouts - so what's that all about:Bloodymad

cheers, Tim

I love the Indian traffic system, I was on a local bus from Delhi to Kashmere.
Everyone drives straight down the middle of the road as the outsides are in such bad order, it's just a big game of chicken.

Suprisingly though I saw very few accidents

Aberdeen has a couple of real nasty junctions one on my route crossing a duel carriageway with lights, normally in the morning you will take 15 Min's to go 500yrds however when the lights break you flow straight through as if there was no traffic.
it is great, unfortunately being a bus driver I normally have to bully my through or get stuck!!

Our beloved council have put lights on roundabouts and "improved" a new junction-result twice as much chaos, one junction takes 20 mins to get around with the lights at peak time, before 2-3 minutes. Doh!

Really good for the environment-not! Council tax bill-£-lots!
They are now reviewing it! More expense:confused:
If ain't broke-fix it till it is!!!!!!:eek:

These things
The ones in the clip have hard tops and most are used as taxis

Attachments

• photo_1149621.jpg
    photo_1149621.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom