• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Assembling LT76 box

Tico79

In Fourth Gear
Hello everyone

I already received the spare parts to repair the gearbox.

The first thing I'm doing is adjusting the end-flow.

Guided by the manual and this video

adjust with the feeler gauge to 0.005in (0.13mm) so that when testing with the 0.004in (0.10mm) it flows

I hope I did it right, I know that this point is critical for it to be right.

See the video please

I appreciate your comments

Thank you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hello everyone

I already received the spare parts to repair the gearbox.

The first thing I'm doing is adjusting the end-flow.

Guided by the manual and this video

adjust with the feeler gauge to 0.005in (0.13mm) so that when testing with the 0.004in (0.10mm) it flows

I hope I did it right, I know that this point is critical for it to be right.

See the video please

I appreciate your comments

Thank you
I'm not familiar with the all-synchro series III gearbox but it seems like you've got things proper from what I can see. I guess I'll also be the bummer in mentioning that I think your 3rd gear synchro taper looks pretty corroded - I hope it doesn't eat your synchro hub... 🙄

I'm not familiar with the all-synchro series III gearbox but it seems like you've got things proper from what I can see. I guess I'll also be the bummer in mentioning that I think your 3rd gear synchro taper looks pretty corroded - I hope it doesn't eat your synchro hub... 🙄
Thank you for your comment, it does look ragged but when you touch it it feels smooth. The gear assembly including the internal teeth is in perfect condition.

Here I show how the end-flow looks, both gears have the same end-flow

I still need the last step which is to check the end-flow of the bush itself against the trust wahers, according to the manual

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom