• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Aztec Autohaven Plus

WHIZZER

Accelerating Away
Hi guys, it's a while since I've been on here. I was wondering if anyone has an Aztec Autohaven Plus tent for their Defender, & if so would they recommend I buy one!
Or if not any ideas on something else.
www.worldofcamping.co.uk have them for sale at £115 + pp

Thanks in advance,

Whizzer

I have the Basic Autohaven, its the one without the inner sleeping area. Bought it for £69 in 2005, have used it many times for long weekends and overnight stops.

We just use it as extra space, as we actually sleep in the back of the Landy. It is very lightweight, uses fibreglass poles. It takes me and the wife about 10 minutes to put up. It has survived several huge thunderstorms and extremeley high winds. The fibreglass poles actually flexed in the strong gales, which actually kept it all in one piece.

Excellent awning, light, cheap, easy to store. If you want to see what it looks like over the back of a 110 let me know and I will post some pics.

Bernie

Me and the wife have been thinking about getting into camping, I am trying to talk her out of it as I dont think we would like it, not after being used to using a nice posh touring caravan and now we have a baby too, I think it would be a bit stressful in a tent.

Anyways, I was looking at the Autohaven, have a look on ebay there are some cheap ones on there. I figured one of those on the back of the Disco would be good but she says no, she wants a trailer tent, I dont really want to be towing anything so my next line will be to get something like a Vito, false floor for storage underneath, double mattress on top of that, rack on the roof, tent on the back, ideal for weekends away.;)

false floor for storage underneath, double mattress on top of that, rack on the roof, tent on the back, ideal for weekends away.;)

We do the same thing in the back of our 110 Hardtop. Double bed sits on top of the seat boxes, and then you have all the area underneath for storage. We also have a small awning that slides out from the roof rack which goes over the back door for privacy.

Bernie

Thanks for the info guys, the autohaven seems to be the best for the price. I've been looking for a while, usually use a regular tent but thought combining a tent with the defender would be a good idea.
Mine is only a 90 so it's not big enough to sleep in the back of.

Bernie if you could a few pic of the set up would be helpful!!

Thanks Whizzer

Thanks for the info guys, the autohaven seems to be the best for the price. I've been looking for a while, usually use a regular tent but thought combining a tent with the defender would be a good idea.
Mine is only a 90 so it's not big enough to sleep in the back of.

Thanks Whizzer

About to leave work, will send them this evening when i get home.

Cheers
Bernie

Thanks Whizzer

Here you go Whizzer, these where taken a while ago, they should give you an idea of how it attaches to the Landy. You can also move the Landy and the Autohaven can be zipped up and left free standing.

Bernie

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 596
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 833
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 534
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 484
I have one too, brilliant value for the money.

One thing I would say is that on my 110 it is better to run the front wheels up on some bricks/logs or similar as it lowers the roof slightly at the back and gives a better fit for the tent. Probably not a problem on a 90.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernie you're a star, thank you very much......:bowdown:

I'm gonna get one, roll on the summer!

By the way you're much camper than I thought! :Bigbounce

Back
Top Bottom