• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Battery Light Flicker

westsussex4

Accelerating Away
First the good news, at last I sorted out my on/off headlight problem. I left it in to an auto electrician in Chichester. He said somebody had done a bodge job before and the lamp holder bit was all loose badly wired and needed replacing which he did for £52. Which I thought was good.
Now a couple of weeks ago I went through a big puddle and the battery light flickered on. I stupidly forgot to mention it today. On the way back I drove through another big puddle and the same happened. What do you think?
Roy

Most probably its water on the belt causing it to slip, thus reducing efficiency and the alternator won't be charging enough, should be ok though once the belt is heated and the water evaporated.

Now a couple of weeks ago I went through a big puddle and the battery light flickered on. I stupidly forgot to mention it today. On the way back I drove through another big puddle and the same happened. What do you think?
Roy

It will.
May be as post above, or water getting into alternator.

Don't worry about it [and don't drive through big puddles so bloody fast] :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys
Yes Dave I should drive through puddles the way some people crush suzuki's, slowly :D Was it a suzuki, it was so flat:eek:

Back
Top Bottom