• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? Be gone White Lettering!

Grounded

In Third Gear
If I don't want the expense of having my wheels refitted & balanced - anyone got any tips for removing white lettering?

I bought a set of Kumho Venture MT's on flea-bay. They are on a set of rims and have raised white outline lettering. Any ideas? Sandpaper, tyre paint, nirtomorse or just let the wife drive it for a week? :D

Get them turned around, paint them out is the only other way [which will need doing very often] !!.
The white lettering is actually quite deeply set into the sidewall, you won't be able to "remove it" without the risk of tyre damage!

I have seen a frontera running around localy with some seriously curbed tyres, the white lettering has smudged/melted all around the tyre making them look like white walls..

Don't fancy your chances of getting them off :)

As dave suggests, the only option if you want rid is to spin them around!

Hmmm.....

Looks like I'm going to have to turn em around. They are on a set of white 8 spokes so at least it will also give me a chance to re-spray these. Silver or black? :rolleyes:

Having bought a Series, I really wanted to keep it original-ish. The 8 spokes don't really help. They are fairly new so anyone fancy a swap for a set of wider steels?

Back
Top Bottom