• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Bolt sizes

Flockie

Overdrive!
I got some new shocks from Paddocks but they were not able to supply the bolts (NRC 7064 ) does anyone know what size these are. Are they the same front and back on a 1977 SWB 88" ?

On the same order I bought 2 Bulkhead to outrigger bolts and what was supplied was 3/8 x 4.5 inch bolts, this looks too small to me, I think it should be 1/2 x 4.5 but not sure, the one that came out looks like a best fit from a toolbox but is 1/2 shaft and the hole in the chassis and bottom repair section I am welding in are 0.5 inches. does anyone know what is correct. :confused:

I like using my angle grinder to save skin on my knuckles and will be changing the back springs so what size are the shackle bolts that go through the spring before I start the grinder I want to have the correct ones in my hands.

Just had a thought, the bolt I took out had been cut by my trusty angle grinder so 4.5 inches is too short I think, probably just enough to go through the chassis member and not the bottom of the bulkhead mount, I will check tomorrow. Looks like I have been sent the wrong size. :(

I got some new shocks from Paddocks but they were not able to supply the bolts (NRC 7064 ) does anyone know what size these are. Are they the same front and back on a 1977 SWB 88" ?
They're not the same - fronts are NRC7064 but the rears are 253826. Afraid I can't find a size for them anywhere, but they are listed by Craddocks and Dunsfold.
On the same order I bought 2 Bulkhead to outrigger bolts and what was supplied was 3/8 x 4.5 inch bolts, this looks too small to me, I think it should be 1/2 x 4.5 but not sure, the one that came out looks like a best fit from a toolbox but is 1/2 shaft and the hole in the chassis and bottom repair section I am welding in are 0.5 inches. does anyone know what is correct. :confused:
Part no. for this is 336738, and it seems to be listed as 1/2 x 7 ? :confused:
I like using my angle grinder to save skin on my knuckles and will be changing the back springs so what size are the shackle bolts that go through the spring before I start the grinder I want to have the correct ones in my hands.
Again I can't locate the sizes but the part numbers are:

Front spring front pin 537741
Front spring rear pins 537742
Rear spring front pin 537741
Rear spring rear pins 537740

They are approximately 7" long, threaded for 23/16" and will accept a 7/16" nyloc.

The rear part is 253826 and is 7.5" long, threaded for 23/16" and will accept a 7/16" nyloc.

Jonathan Paton

Back
Top Bottom