• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Brake fluid warning light

reece.robinson

Shifting Up
Hi All,

I have a brake fluid warning light that comes on intermittently - sometimes whilst braking and sometimes whilst accelerating.

I have checked the fluid level which is up to the max line.
The front pads are getting a bit low and will need replacing soon - could this be the cause?

I have done a forum search for this topic but all I can find is somebody recommending squirting WD40 down the back of the connector - any idea what and where this is?

Look forward to receiving your replies.
Reece.

Ps. 1999 4.6 P38

From what I remember about the P38 pad sensors, when they contact, the light stays on, they have been a swine to turn off.

I have had a couple of cars that show the light on and it was a sunken float.

Have you taken the cap off and had a look?

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have had a look at the cap and can only see what appears to be a pressure switch encased in rubber with a slit in the center on the underneath of the cap.

If the pads were down to the sensors, would this activate the "Low brake fluid" warning message?

I assume the float would be in the container and not the cap ??

Reece

Thanks Chris,

I have had a look at the cap and can only see what appears to be a pressure switch encased in rubber with a slit in the center on the underneath of the cap.

If the pads were down to the sensors, would this activate the "Low brake fluid" warning message?

I assume the float would be in the container and not the cap ??

Reece
The float is on the cap.
You can either jury-rig it so the light goes off, or replace the float thingy. Be reminded that it does serve a purpose, letting you know if you have brake fluid, so for safety's sake, best to replace the cap and float assembly.

Back
Top Bottom