• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Camp sites in Lakes

Hey all,

Me and the girlfriend will be going camping in may/june/july time, anybody know any good camp sites in the lake area. Not too bothered where abouts but would like somewhere quiet and friendly.

Thanks

Very nice one at Pooley Bridge out of the tourist area with some very nice pubs near by, I'll find the details for you.

Hi

The National Trust Site at Great Langdale is one of our fav's. Tts great for walking and has a couple of great pubs within walking distance (The Old and New Dungeon Gyhlls).

We also found a great site near the Grizedale Forest called Bowkerstade Farm. We went back in August and although basic it allows camp fires with the farmer providing wood via his wood pile!!!!

(The Old and New Dungeon Gyhlls).

The Old Dungeon Ghyll, not been in there for a few years, do they still do a ploughmans lunch to die for:)

Not keen on the New Dungeon Ghyll though, last time I was there a mate of mine was -errrrrm- propositioned in the toilet by a couple of 'very nice boys':eek:

cheers, Tim

The Old Dungeon Ghyll, not been in there for a few years, do they still do a ploughmans lunch to die for:)

Not keen on the New Dungeon Ghyll though, last time I was there a mate of mine was -errrrrm- propositioned in the toilet by a couple of 'very nice boys':eek:

cheers, Tim

Not sure about the Ploughmans Tim, but a pint of their 'Black Sheep' after a long walk certainley hits the spot!

The national trust site at wasdale at the head of wast water lake near the very small village of wasdale head.
Its right on the edge of the lake and at the foot of scafell pike the highest mountain in england.
Its very quiet there as no main roads near by in fact theres nothing but a pub up the road and a cool walkers shop.
Only down side is its 15-20 mins from the nearest main road.

Attachments

• DSC00842.jpg
    DSC00842.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00899.jpg
    DSC00899.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Resize Wizard-2lakes.jpg
    Resize Wizard-2lakes.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Resize Wizard-1lakes.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1lakes.jpg