• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? Carbs on V8

photo4x4

Trekker
Hello

Can anyone tell me which carbs fuel which cylinders on the early RR V8 3.5?

I am refering to the engine on my 101FC but I thought that it would be best to post here as it is not a military specific question.

Cheers

Keith hart

I can't remember which carb does which cylinders, but one feeds nos 1,2,5,6 and the other 3,4,7,8. If you look at the casting, you should be able to work out which 1 and 2 go to, then the rest is easy.

Chris

Thanks for that Chris.

Last night we found that my 101FC was not running correctly on all cylinders. Having eliminated problems on the electical side my mechanics were taking a look at the fuel side. They found that one of the carb diaphragms was punctured! They will be replaced today (the diaphragms, not the mechanics :) ) and hopefully that will cure the problem.

Fingers crossed!

Keith Hart

Stromberg diaphragms have alway been a problem.

On dual carb set ups, one tries to lift and rev,the other can't lift, so you get a stuttering and backfiring.

I use engine oil in the dampers, gives a bit richer mixture on acceleration.;)

Chris

Back
Top Bottom