• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Cheap bumper mods

Tommo32

Offroader
A weekend or two back i decided to hack my front bumper up a bit, like you do. anyway i had bought some bits off ebay... chequer plate bumper steps, about a fiver with postage, well made. And a military bumper towing pin complete with spring, chain etc for about £6 with postage.

so i drilled a 1" hole through, used a hole saw to get the radii on the hole in the front, cut the rest out with a grinder. cut + bent some plates for the back from 3mm plate to box it all in and add strength.

chopped the bottom corners off each end and plated up the bottom. the trickeyest part was regrinding the radius on the bottom edge where it angles up, otherwise left square it would have looked odd.

The 1st thing you should know is dont start with a galvanised bumper like i did cos you have to grind it off before you weld.

The second thing is dont start with a bent bumper!!! mine was an awfull shape, and once i had 'streightened' it i stil had to make seperate templates for each plate because they werent the same on both sides.

a few people have complimented it which is good. really makes the old bird look a bit more purposeful!

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

PS please ignore the fu**ey dice that are in it in one of the pics.

oh and how do you do it so that the pics come up in the window, not just as links?

very nice!!!

basically to add pics you got to have them saved on your pc and whilst your posting at the bottom u have "manage attachements" or somethin of the sort :)

Back
Top Bottom