• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Cheshire/Derbyshire Border - Lanes.

paulwrigley

Accelerating Away
My mate and I have just got out first Rangie and are looking for info on lanes around the Congleton area which means Cheshire/Derbyshire/North Staffordshire. We've joined GLASS and are looking for Clubs to joint in the area and any route guides which may be available.
As far as I can see, using O/S Landranger series maps, we should be looking for tracks shown, -+-+-+-+-+-+-+- , but then from what I've read on the Forums that all depends on whether some GIT from the council has nailed a no go sign on the post when we get there?

Any info/advice much appreciated.

Oh, and if any Clubs run working parties to repair lanes, we'd be up for that too:D

Hi Paul, the Buxton and District Land Rover Club would be a good club for you to join. http://www.badlrc.co.uk/ I was on the committee myself until a few months ago as a green lane coordinator. They organise a monthly greenlaning trip, usually on the first sunday of each month.

If you join BADLRC look out for me at the public playdays as I am still a club member and plan to get up to Derbyshire for the public weekends at Hartington quarry:)

cheers, Tim

Being right on the border of three counties makes it trickier to find out what to drive or not. I popped along the other week to see the derbyshire row officer. He wasn't overly useful, but at least in the Derbyshire part of SK119 you can also follow the pink dots that are marked. The bit of staffordshire that is on the map, has a few marked but are possibly not green lanes, as one of them I think is the Manifold trail, so I would advise not to drive this.

The Manifold trail has a permenant TRO, if you drive past the southern end at Waterhouses you'll see the sign.

Back
Top Bottom