• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Clutch changing

JordiLR

Accelerating Away
It wasstarted near a month ago, but now i found time to put somepics of the job. The main idea was just change the clutch pressure plate because the pedal was desengagging quite high. Now, after three weeks of jobs I'm starting to see the light again because, hopefully today we'll star to mounting again.
The gerabox still on the floor but with new gaskets and seals and the overdrive mounted (more pics to follow), the bulkhead was not rotten but it's been sanded and sprayed.
And at the time that the seat box is off and the gearbox out I'll put new handbrake shoes, revised the alternator, put new UJ's on the propshafts, changed the rear cranckshaft oil seal...

Attachments

• PICT0256.JPG
    PICT0256.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0269.JPG
    PICT0269.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 67
  • PICT0261.JPG
    PICT0261.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 92
Weell, at last I can be on the job again. I wanted to change everything that needs to be changed before mounting the gearbox again, just to avoid to do the job again in the future, so The gearbox is fitted with new oil seals and gaskets, overdrive unit is fitted, the engine rear crankshaft oil seal is been changed, the cluths is new and the transmission brake 's got new shoes and the starter motor is been checked.
While the gearbox is been away from the vehicle painted the interior part of bulkhead (there was a bit rusty but nothing that a good whire brush can solve).
More pics next week (I hope) with the gearbox in place again

Attachments

• juntes.JPG
    juntes.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 30
  • over.JPG
    over.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 38
  • canvisencer.JPG
    canvisencer.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 75
  • peus.JPG