• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

mungo

Trekker
It is my opinion that the little triangle for complaining about a thread, is encouraging people to complain.
How about ...

A/ Removing it.
B/ Charging the whingers for useing it.
C/ Removing the Whingers.

I would make this a poll if I knew how....[And if I hadn't complained about poles:eek: ...]
Before some irate Polish person comes on and accuses me of being racist, or, complains via the little triangle about this post. I mean the pole's you vote on, dipstick :rolleyes:
cya
mungo:)

It is my opinion that the little triangle for complaining about a thread, is encouraging people to complain.
How about ...

A/ Removing it.

I would make this a poll if I knew how....[And if I hadn't complained about poles:eek: ...]
Before some irate Polish person comes on and accuses me of being racist, or, complains via the little triangle about this post. I mean the pole's you vote on, dipstick :rolleyes:
cya

Och stop your whinging, and get a life;) ;)

How about ...

A/ Removing it.

cya

mmmmmmmmmmm

Do you know that until I saw this post I hadnt actually noticed the little triangle thing, and until I hovered my mouse over it just now would not have had a clue what it was for:eek:

mungo, most of the time the red triangle is used very responsibly and it isn't a problem. Just that some people get a bit carried away with it now and again :D

A very important reason for having it is, it means complaints are handled fairly and discussed by the mods and staff, instead of just being dealt with randomly by any one person. When a complaint is sent via that button, a thread is automatically generated in the mods section, showing the complaint and the post involved, and an email is sent to mods for that section and admins.

mungo, most of the time the red triangle is used very responsibly and it isn't a problem. Just that some people get a bit carried away with it now and again :D

A very important reason for having it is, it means complaints are handled fairly and discussed by the mods and staff, instead of just being dealt with randomly by any one person. When a complaint is sent via that button, a thread is automatically generated in the mods section, showing the complaint and the post involved, and an email is sent to mods for that section and admins.

As per my idea Bernie..might save ya some time to write up the Definition of that button :D

As per my idea Bernie..might save ya some time to write up the Definition of that button :D
OK here we go, when you roll over the red traingle it says 'report post', I reckon that bit is fairly self-explanatory. But for anyone who isn't sure, if you click on it you get a message box comes up and underneath it says:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Again, fairly self-explanatory.
The thread is removed and a discussion thread is created in the mods forum. A poll is set up which usually lasts 24 hours, and the options are normally put it back on the public forum or keep it off. After 24 hours the decision of the majority is the course of action taken.

If that isn't clear enough, perhaps I could draw some pictures to help explain it.
I

OK here we go, when you roll over the red traingle it says 'report post', I reckon that bit is fairly self-explanatory. But for anyone who isn't sure, if you click on it you get a message box comes up and underneath it says:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

The thread is removed and a discussion thread is created in the mods forum. A poll is set up which usually lasts 24 hours, and the options are normally put it back on the public forum or keep it off. After 24 hours the decision of the majority is the course of action taken.

If that isn't clear enough, perhaps I could draw some pictures to help explain it.
I

I still think that when you first post or indeed top of each Forum chat a clear definition would help you Mods..after all here we are talking about it raising a point in its self eh?

I still think that when you first post or indeed top of each Forum chat a clear definition would help you Mods..after all here we are talking about it raising a point in its self eh?
Tell you what Tim, as it's so important to you why don;t you write it and post it? That would be a nice constructive helpful thing you could do for us all.

As i am not allowed to see how you deal with this that would be a tad hard..
I would asist if you want?

But anyway as it started as a genuine suggestion for all new commers and old members who are not sure as people are asking besides myself??

sorry :(

As i am not allowed to see how you deal with this that would be a tad hard..
I would asist if you want?

But anyway as it started as a genuine suggestion for all new commers and old members who are not sure as people are asking besides myself??

sorry :(
But I've just explained how we deal with it, there are no secrets, we have a procedure which we follow. Sorry Tim but I don't understand, are you not reading my posts or is this just a wind-up?

I

Forgive me for being dumb,

So who votes?

and who appointed them?

Bernie

My point was as a suggestion was to pinn up on each section or indeed whaen somone first joins that a pop up apears for them to read..

could go this way..

I here by agree to this rule and use it in a sensible way or discretion on understanding the complaint process having just read it ..so idiots guide style then say you had a persistant abuser you could say well you did recive a" Clear" definition when you joined the Forum ..

or it would be a sure way of confirming System wise that that person had read and understood the above leaving no room for error?

and bonus reduced time spent by you having to chase false or abuse reports..

as i said an idea nothing more:rolleyes:

Forgive me for being dumb,

So who votes?

and who appointed them?

All the moderators, site staff and admins can vote. The admins appointed themselves by investing a large amount of money to buy the forums, and continuing to bear full financial and legal responsibility for the site. Then the admins appointed the site staff and moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom