• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Corrupt driver....

toppa

Posting Guru
Hey peeps, just bought a new computer, moved the other pc's around on the deak so the new oneis where i normally sit... Plugged the old one back in all ready to network and transfer programes...

Now geeting a corrupt file warning..

System32\drivers\asapnp.sys

Any idea how i can fix this??? I no longer have the original windows disk...

Cheers

Start the Recovery Console. If the ISAPNP.SYS file is still in your C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS folder, the driver is corrupt. Rename the existing file and copy a new version from your WinXP installation CD. If the file is missing, then all you need to do is copy the file from your WinXP CD to the C:\Windows\System32\dRIVERS folder by typing the expand command: expand [CD drive letter]:\i386\isapnp.sy_ C:\win dows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys.
Hope this helps if you havnt already sorted it!

Are you getting this message as the computer is starting up?

Did it get knocked at all?

I would recommend the above solution. But when fixed fully check the hard disk for errors.

Just a note: If you can't find your original disk and your new pc didn't have (as they often don't nowadays). Provided your new pc is the same os. You can replace the file by putting your old hard disk into your new pc as a slave and transfering the file.

Are you getting this message as the computer is starting up?

Did it get knocked at all?

I would recommend the above solution. But when fixed fully check the hard disk for errors.

Just a note: If you can't find your original disk and your new pc didn't have (as they often don't nowadays). Provided your new pc is the same os. You can replace the file by putting your old hard disk into your new pc as a slave and transfering the file.

Good idea, putting it in as a slave and replacing, right need to remove one of the other two slaves....

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom