• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Dead as if its as glitch in the electrics

egil

First Gear
Hey,

I am new to this forum, and find it fantastic, cant believe I am been missing out:).

My Land Rover TD5 year 2001 has been acting up; it just shuts off while I'm driving but then restarts as if nothing happened. It feels like an electrical glitch because once it's back on, the engine sounds good as new. I'm no electrician, but it seems to be the issue. I spotted a loose connection at the engine's rear, fixed it, and things improved for a bit. Now, it's back to square one. Plus, fiddling with the kill switch sorta brings it back to life, but then it conks out again, electrics and all.

Has anyone faced this? Any tips on how I could sort it out myself?

Thanks a ton!

Mike

Hey,

I am new to this forum, and find it fantastic, cant believe I am been missing out:).

My Land Rover TD5 year 2001 has been acting up; it just shuts off while I'm driving but then restarts as if nothing happened. It feels like an electrical glitch because once it's back on, the engine sounds good as new. I'm no electrician, but it seems to be the issue. I spotted a loose connection at the engine's rear, fixed it, and things improved for a bit. Now, it's back to square one. Plus, fiddling with the kill switch sorta brings it back to life, but then it conks out again, electrics and all.

Has anyone faced this? Any tips on how I could sort it out myself?

Thanks a ton!

Mike
Welcome.
Im going to suggest re-visiting the things you already found and expand your search a bit.
Re-make the earth connections to the chassis and battery etc. Clean up as many connectors as you can find. Report back. :thumbsup:

Hi @egil and welcome to the forum.

Definitely check the earths and for completeness I’d make new ones. You could use jump leads to test the theory .

Also you mention the kill switch . It could be as simple as an internal fault within the switch . Are you able to remove it and safely join the wires ( with suitable insulation) to bypass the switch .

Back
Top Bottom