• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender 1989 Wiring diagram

labjac

In Second Gear
Hallo All

If anybody know where I can find a electrical wiring diagram for a defender 110 1989 2.5 petrol it will be very usefull, just got mine back from the panelbeater and need to try and get the engin running again.

Regards,
labjac

Hope this helps. mine 1988 110 wiring wise no real different between the diesel an petrol except for ignition system.

Attachments

• v8wda1.jpg
    v8wda1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3,914
  • v8wdb.jpg
    v8wdb.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,966
  • 2.5 diesel wd2.jpg
    2.5 diesel wd2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4,908
  • 2.5 diesel wd.jpg
    2.5 diesel wd.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,838
Close, but it's worth noting that there are some subtle differences for an 89 vehicle. Specifically, they went to a universal wiring loom that is made into petrol or diesel with a coding plug that's hidden behind the instrument panel - it would appear from the diagram label that this was in 86.

I'll try and remember to extract it from the manual later, haven't got time right now.
It's on Page 72, Section 86 of the WSM - I recommend LHP26 for this (plus Unhexalock to remove the crippleware).

Thanks for the information, just but the old 2.5 petrol and gearbox back this weekend, will start with the new wiring this week... :(

Back
Top Bottom