• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? defender snorkle on a series

jamey

Shifting Up
they don't make snorkles for series, and i was told the defender ones can work on a series with a bit of work.

has any one done this? if so what do i have to do and do you have any pics?

whats the difference between the filter housing? i still have my oil breather but i have a k&n air filter hooked up at the moment.

the standard oil bath bath filter, (normally fitted) draws air in form around the top of the housing, then piped to the inlet, where as a defender / discovery housing has the piped in as well as piped out,

if possible post a piccie of your oil bath, there was one oil bath type that was possibll to fit a snorkle to but are rare to find

I dont want to knock anyones efforts, but how lucky must you need to feel before wading to bonnet depth, with your engine sucking all its air through some plastic drain pipe fittings, stuck together with silicon?
What if you've been pushing your way though bushes and undergrowth before your damatic wading session. You'd have to be very optomistic to think your plastic joints hadnt been disturbed so dont even concider that as a viable option.
Its a good idea to make the tube up in plastic, then take it off and have the whole thing made in one piece, from steel, Ali, tough plastic etc... every joint is a potencial leak, so no joints and no brittle drainpipe!

The oil bath air cleaner is far more effective than the modern eliment type, so a far better method would be to seal and adapt the oil bath housing to accept a suitable pipe fitting and extend from it.

Back
Top Bottom