• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender Wanted

Rover_pair

In Second Gear
Hi
I'm brand new to this forum and would appreciate any help and advice.

My Range Rover Classic was stolen and used in a Ram Raid last week. It is a complete write off........It was strange seeining my pride and joy in such a state. But things could be worse.....

Anyhow I have decided to replace it with a Defender.

Any advice on which sort to go for and what miles/gallon can I expect?

Many thanks

:)

Hi and thanks for the reply

I really need the vehicle to transport me, wife and 7 year old son on short journies with the occasional long journey for holidays etc.

How will a 7 year old cope with the middle front seat ???

Are there safe seating alternatives for the rear seats

Any advice appreciated

:confused:

the front middle seat is not very comfortable however for a wee boy/girl its ok for short trips. i found that as the driver when my kids sat there, that it was uncomfortable for me with theeir legs hitting mine etc.
now the 110 has a row of seats in the middle which is perfect for the kids aand adults even for longer trips. i even have 2 baby seats fitted in the middle row.
the difference is fuel is not much and being bigger makes all the difference to what you can use it for. i have had both the 90 and 110 and although the 90 was fun it was not very practical when all the family wanted to go out with me.
like you i once had the range rover and several disco's however the defender is the one which has been much more fun. ok its not got the comfort that the rr has but then again no one else in a rangie ever waved to me on the road and now all defender drivers wave. its a big club out there
i now have a brand now 110 wwith the electric windows and the rest and its a joy to own aand drive. even my grandson shouts " i want to go in papa's truck "
well ther you have it. do you think i'm biased:)

Many thanks for the expert help and advice - it was really useful and probably saved us £££s

The search now goes on for a decent Defender 110. What I have noticed is the real team work between Land Rover owners.

Anybody know of any good owner clubs to join in the West Yorks area

Take care

:)

Back
Top Bottom