• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Disco 3 Head Unit Upgrade - Keep or Port the 4x4 Info Screen?

Cal17

In Second Gear
I'm going to be upgrading the nav unit on my Disco 3 to a fairly decent 9" Chinese Android Auto head unit.

Obviously, it requires removing the 7" Sat Nav display above the radio. But I'm curious if anyone has heard of someone managing to port over the 4x4 info screen to a new, modern head unit?

It's something I'm looking into because in my head, if I can somehow access the memory module in the OEM nav unit, surely I can access the programmes and transfer them to a usb stick and port them to my new head unit. I'm aware it probably isn't as simple as that, but just looking for thoughts or pointers from you fine folk.

If anyone has any technical manuals for the OEM Denso nav unit you could send me that'd be great, or anything that would tell me what sort of memory module it uses that would help too.

So if you know anyone has tried something similar to this, I'd love to hear how it went.

Thanks in advance!

The 4x4 info screen is a function of the TSD, not the NAV unit, the NAV unit uses a GBIF to send the display data to the screen.

Back
Top Bottom