• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? disconnecting battery

harry-p

Accelerating Away
I need to fit a relay to my p38 to assist 'warm starting.What will happen when i disconnect the battery ? The last time i changed the battery,i connected a booster pack to the leads first. Is there anything i need to re-set ?

According to the owner's handbook:

Your vehicle may be fitted with a battery backed-up sounder, which operates as an anti-theft siren if the main battery is disconnected. If the main vehicle battery is to be removed, it is ESSENTIAL to adopt the
following procedure before disconnecting the terminals, in order to prevent the alarm from sounding:

1. Turn starter switch 'on' and then 'off' and then remove the key from the vehicle.
2. Disconnect battery WITHIN 17 SECONDS (if the battery is not disconnected within 17 seconds, the alarm will sound).

If the siren sounds when the battery is reconnected, it can NOT be turned off in the normal way (ie. by operating the handset buttons). To deactivate the alarm, turn the starter switch to position '1'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom