• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
  • Hi Guest,

We restrict posting in the sales areas to members who have made more than 10 posts and been registered here for more than 10 days, this is to help reduce the amount of scammers and fraudsters who may join up for that purpose.

Once you meet the requirements you will be given the ability to post in here.

DISCOVERY SPORT Navigation

kev999

First Gear
I recently purchased a Nov.2016 approved used LR Disco Sport. The LR Dealer told me that the Sat Nav can be easily updated with the latest maps and data via the LR InControl website. However, on querying exactly how to do this with Land Rover Customer Support they tell me that "Please be advised due to technological advances within our software, the following updates for your vehicle were dis-continued from November 2019, I can confirm the last updates available for your navigation system, was in November 2019. Unfortunately, Jaguar Land Rover will no longer be providing map updates for your vehicle."
I find this quite astonishing that a vehicle's sat nav can be obsolete within 3 years of original purchase and the owner is destined to use out of date maps for the majority of the life of the vehicle. Surely this can't really be the case with an expensive premium vehicle like a Discovery Sport...?

Sadly, it seems normal these days that once a vehicle is out of warranty then you're on your own as the manufacturer doest give a shit.
They may exist, but Ive never seen a decent in-vehicle satnav anyway.
You might have some come-back agains the vendor if you can prove he said that and ask him to contribute towards the purchase of a Garmin or similar as a goodwill gesture. Dont hold your breath though...

Back
Top Bottom