• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

dynamo/alternator conversion (please help)

rocky

First Gear
Want to convert dynamo to alternator on series 2a should be straight forward I thought but - problem is a semi-circular lump of metal welded to side of block with something like an M8 stud protruding from both sides. Does anybody know a way to fit the alternator or a bracket?

Thanks
Rocky

Welcome to the forum Rocky,

Another thing to have in mind, is your Series IIa positive earth or negative earth. Not sure but I am lead to believe that just bolting on an standard alternator onto a positive earth vehicle, something will go pop. You might have to convert to negative earth at the same time.

I have heard of people just getting a lump of metal and making up a bracket to suit the location that they want.

Might be worth trying to take a pic of the offending lump, and one of the series II experts on the forum might be able to help.

Hya Rocky! Welcome and I dont know! I am 'old school' and as such think the dynamo is cutting edge technology and dont understand these new-fangled alternator which seem to alternate between working and not!

You may want to visit the Series Two club site though and then onto the series two club forum where fountains of knowledge pour forth.....:goofylook

Back
Top Bottom