• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
  • Hi Guest,

We restrict posting in the sales areas to members who have made more than 10 posts and been registered here for more than 10 days, this is to help reduce the amount of scammers and fraudsters who may join up for that purpose.

Once you meet the requirements you will be given the ability to post in here.

Expired Fairey Overdrive

Grid Man

Staff member
Hi all, I have a series Fairey Overdrive for sale. It was in an S3 that I inherited from a late friend - it had been unused and laid up for some years after he bought a Defender. I put this overdrive in my S2 (took mine out to service) to check it works and it was all good. Having serviced mine and found an axial bearing broken and resulting damage to synchro shoes I put that back together and put it back in my S2.

I have since had this overdrive to pieces to check the internals and all looks fine (see attached file for photos of all the main components). It has been put back together and it ready for sale complete.

I have copies of the Installation manual and the Repair and Service manual and some Rocol paste to go with it.

As with all the bits I have distributed to members I am keen that it goes to someone on the forum who will use it (not store it away or list it elsewhere).

I would like £400 for it (post and packing is estimated as about £12.50 extra for UK mainland normal delivery areas- (weight 20kg, package size about 45cmx30cmx25cm if you want to check for other areas. Not likely to be able to export from the UK/Ireland.

20231217_144559.jpg

Attachments

• Fairey Overdrive Internal Checks_compressed.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Too cheap.
Honestly.
Careful that you don't sell it to some shark who is going to put it on eBay for twice as much.
When you advertise something for much less than the going rate, it puts a lot of ordinary people off, because they can't understand the low price.
"Surely there must be something wrong with it for that price ?"
Stella Artois syndrome.
Sorry if you find this post unhelpful.
Just my 2 cents worth

Thanks for the comments, all comments are valued and I know exactly what you mean.

Over the last 7-8 years I have sold quite a number of bits from the two S2 and S3 Landrovers that I broke up - all to forum members. I do not look to get a full price for them, just to get them back in use helping people. I will be putting quite a few items on here shortly as I have been sorting stuff out and photographing.

Luckily the only large/heavy bits I have left are a S3 SWB van top with cat flap, a roof rack/ladder, a S3 petrol engine and a S2 and a S3 gearbox. I realise that some time soon we may have to give up our sizeable place and downsize as we are ageing - maybe even sell my S2 SWB truckcab in due course

The overdrive is a difficult one because the perception is that they are worth so much more, difficult comparing a 50 year old unit with the price of a new Roamerdrive etc. We will see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom