• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Fairey winch info

mackinnon

Accelerating Away
Hi
i have a fairey PTO winch (drum) on a S111 i have not been able to find any info about it . all i know is the load rating is in lbs but the plate is blank and the serial No is 1502 i think that it is for a s1 or s11 as it dose not line up right with the front cross member . can any one help

Cheers
Ruaridh

If its off a series, it will fit any series.... I think:scratchCh
I have one fitted to mine that was designed to fit a Range Rover.
The base plate was the wrong shape [angle grinder] and finished about 2 inches short of the front cross member...
Just the right gap for a length of 2" box section to be welded on to the rear of the plate;) .
Then, I drilled two holes through the front cross member aligned with two holes in the box section, 2 lengths 3/4" threaded bar and it was fitted. Don't forget a length of substantial spreader plate across the back of the front cross member.
cya
Mungo:)

Back
Top Bottom