• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

First major service

wilkesw

In Second Gear
This is the first main service on my series 2a diesel landy ,can anyone give me an idea where to get the spares from , also is there a step by step procedure anywhere that i can follow.
Hope someone can help thanks:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gearbox oil change here, engine oil change here and the swivels and axles here

Other jobs you need to do, clean and adjust the brakes. Check fluid level and quality. Bleed brakes if necessary (change the brake fluid every 18 months...its hydroscopic...absorbs water..and thats a common cause of wheel cylinder failure)

Check all the lights,

Check all wheels for bearing play (replacing bearings and oil seals in hubs here)

Check the track rod ends for perished rubbers and free play.

Inspect the chassis for rust/rot.

Fit new fuel filter (do this with the engine warm, its easier to start after bleeding then)

Check fan belt.

Check battery electrolyte levels

Check coolant and antifreeze, top up or change if required.

That's a start, and should head you in the right direction.:)

Oh, yes..nearly forgot, spares.

Choice of online suppliers, paddocks, craddocks etc. My choice?
Exeter 4x4 store. Even though they are the opposite end of the country to me, they haven't let me down yet, and better on carriage than the rest. 01392 446855 , Ask for Peter...tell him LRUK forum recommended them.

Back
Top Bottom