• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Flower arranging question

mungo

Trekker
We all come on here for pleasure, nobody is forced to log on.
I joined because I liked the way it appeared. It is that way because of the work put in by the organisers, whatever there rank or title, and of course by the input of the members
I enjoy the banter, the discussions and the help and comradeship provided by the members...If you don't like the way its run, why don't you just go somewhere else:bigwave:...... That's what I would do:confused:?...

As my last couple of posts caused so much vitriol, I thought hard before posting this...I realise it can be controversial:eek:

Which is preferred by the forum members to keep their blooms in tip top condition...

A/ Water [with an additive]
OR
B/ Oasis..[Well soaked of course]

Cya
Mungo:)

get plastic ones:D :D

Yes of course :D

A couple of years ago I was at the Harrogate Model engineer Exhibition.
They had plastic flowers on the tables in the cafe place.

I told one of the waitresses that the flowers were drooping and needed water.:p :eek:

"I'll fill the vases up now" She replied.

I had difficulty keeping a straight face :D

We all come on here for pleasure, nobody is forced
A/ Water [with an additive]
OR
B/ Oasis..[Well soaked of course]

Cya
Mungo:)

Oasis;

for 3 main reasons

1 Buried round the roots will aid plant growth

2 Buried round plants will improve "popular music scene"

3 They will cease composing and start decomposing

Oasis;

for 3 main reasons

1 Buried round the roots will aid plant growth

2 Buried round plants will improve "popular music scene"

3 They will cease composing and start decomposing

:LAA:

Oasis is of course the correct way if you wish to produce a top class arrangment that will hold the plants on the correct position. OTOH if it's just a few flowers in the house then water with half an aspirin and a teaspoon of suger, will keep them well. Remember to remove any flowers/leaves from below the water line and recut the stems every few days. If your flowers start to wilt hot water can help revive them.

I keep my blooms in tip top condition by allowing them to breathe the diesel and oil fumes from the land rover engine.
Please see picture for more information (The green effect helps offset the pollution and negates any green house effect I may have contributed to, it quietens the environmentalists and helps with the MOT)

Attachments

• greentruck_330x330.jpg
    greentruck_330x330.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
The water was obviously too hot. Boiling water will cause rapid wilting, whereas warm water will have be much more beneficial especially if poured slowly.

Exactly what I told the nurse....When she wanted to pr1ck my boil:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The water was obviously too hot. Boiling water will cause rapid wilting, whereas warm water will have be much more beneficial especially if poured slowly.

I beg to disagree, boiling water causes rapid swelling hence a stiffening of the stem.:D

Back
Top Bottom