• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Freelander 1 TD4 no injector balance readings and smoking badly.

FuzzyFoxo

In Second Gear
I very much can see its a done to death topic is the TD4 engine and its smoking habits... been following though all the posts here but become stumped by an question i can't find an answer to.

Freelander TD4 2003

Basically started with a very bad starting engine which when running make a smoke screen of white very diesel smelling smoke and gave no power.

First some details so far of what has been changed already while trying to solve this. first changed was the fuel regulator and fuel filter. both pumps have been checked too and gives correct pressure. at this point it started easier but still smoked with white smoke.

next did a leak back test and found the injectors to be terrible

next changed the injectors to a known working set (from parts vehicle which runs fine) now at this point the engine started to start up perfectly, now revs more then before. The smoke sadly didn't leave but has changed from white to grey, still stinking of diesel.

Next checked the turbo which is fine, changed all the vacuum pipes, cleaned egr valve etc. in the end have swapped over all the sensors too including MAF. have tried a new cheap MAF too just to make sure. (runs same with MAF connected or disconnected, checked wiring to it too)

Now on to the thing i am finding i can't find an answer too. it really does seem like the engine is over fuelling like a ton. when i plug in my delphi and read the live data everything looks ok, have readings from the MAF which seem ok and fuel pressures etc etc, till i get to the injector balancing numbers. all these never have a reading just sit at 0. i assume this is very much signs of what is going on to make it over fuel but at this point i have no idea what to do to solve this as have changed everything basically!

any ideas very much apretiated. honestly starting to worry the ECU might be the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom