• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Freelander 1 with chipped rover 2l xdi

Keith Norkett

In Second Gear
Hey I've got a freelander 1 with the rover 2l diesel engine, I believe it's called the xdi? Anyway I've had it remapped, or actually I think that it required a new chip for the ecu. Since then it's excellent, better acceleration, economy and top end but that's where the problem is. Because it's better top end it's like it needs another gear. I've been upto 115mph (shown on the speedo anyway) but the revs are then upto the red line &amp; don't dare keep it there too long.<br>Can any1 help me please? What's the solution?

I think the solution would be for you to be banned from driving as you are clearly an idiot. Or a slightly less invasive solution would be to not drive like a cock and at least stay below the red line, or perhaps obeying the speed limits?

However, if you are doing this on a race track or some other controlled arena then I apologise for my blatant disregard of what may well be a legitimate issue, and I also apologise for calling you an idiot.

Drive more slowly and legally? :D

I don't think there is another gearbox available.

Duplicated thread reported to Mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
That engine was used in a fair amount of rovers so there may be a better geared box in say a rover 600 diesel.. ut obviously it would be a 2wd conversion. Too be honest if your wanting too hit 115mph a diesel freelander is not the vehicle too do it in.. Get a V6 one and you would probably get a few more options. My MG ZS KV6 was fairly nippy..

My series has plenty of ppower but due too gearing anything over 60 MPH is uncomfortable, and when a subaru legacy twin turbo can be had for a grand whats the point?

Back
Top Bottom