• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Frustrated overheating problem freelander 1 1.8l k series

Well ... now if it was me .. i would still buy bolts put the thing back together ... one part of an argument would say to use a new gasket .. and yet i would be sorely tempted to re use the gasket you already have .. the logic being that it has not really compressed properly yet because of the old bolts .. and it has not really done any work...if it works then you are in front .. if not then you can then use the new bolts for when you do find a head for it.... ( the only time i would reuse head bolts on that engine... as they have not gone through the stretch and contract cycle many times ) it is the time taken to do the work that is the frustrating part .. but you could now do it in automatic mode ... and it would confirm if the crack you can see is actually causing a problem .. or is just that a minor crack that is there but not causing a problem ..... boy am i glad it is you that has to make the decision whether to give it a go or not... I was is SA in1991 for a few months .. what a very nice country .. and the women on the beaches in hout bay in cape town ...mmmm Beitbridge .. joburg (hillbrow )Durban and the mother city Cape town... good times ... when i saw the Rohdy tag .. it did make me wonder if you were originally from Rhodesia...??.. any way stay safe.. they would kill you for a pound is the feeling i had whilst there .. because it is a pound more than they have.. what a damn shame for a country of so much beauty.. and potential....
Hahahaha hi brother...

Yes I am originally from good ol Rhodesia born in Salisbury. My parents did have farmlands x 3 with 2 x crop farming and 1 dairy.
Good ol days.

So as per your post above, I agree with the gasket and all.
I've had some feedback on different people with these C heads and busy with one guy who apparently did have his skimmed and all.
Currently is overseas so I'm just waiting for his return.
Scarce items these motors nowadays.

Again, I'll provide feedback once I'm done soon.

Thank you kindly for your post. It's greatly appreciated and knowing there still is good people on this planet.

Back
Top Bottom